Relaxation is good for the soul.
August 15th is National Relaxation Day. How will you celebrate? If you aren’t working, you are already there. For the rest of us that need to work, here are a few ideas on how to relax when you finally escape work for the day!
5 things to do at home:
- Put on your comfiest clothes, because you can’t relax unless you are comfortable!
- Have someone else make your dinner. Whether that is your spouse, kids or ordering in.
- Grab your favorite adult beverage.
- Instead of watching tv, reading this blog, or using another electronic, turn it all off and pick up a book. Or play with your kids. Do something low tech.
- Have dessert.
5 things to do outside of the home:
- Get a massage.
- Go to your favorite restaurant, order what you want.
- Go for a hike.
- Meet your BFF for coffee or drinks.
- Go to the gym.
5 places to travel to (now or next National Relaxation Day):
- Bora Bora – stay in a hut over the ocean.
- Go camping somewhere without cell phone service.
- Banff, Canada
- Go to the beach
- Anywhere that isn’t your home!
So, turn up the tunes and plan your national relaxation day!