Recycling is probably the most popular R in the reduce, reuse, recycle mantra.
Everyone probably knows recycling is important and all the tips that go along with it but it’s still an important topic. Maybe some of us just need a little reminder now and then. The other Rs will not be covered here but will be covered in a future post, as all are important.
Did you know:
- Recycling reduces waste, pollution, and energy
- Conserves natural resources
- Keeps approximately 60 million tons of waste from landfills
- For every 1,000 tons creates 1.57 jobs, $76,000 in wages, and $14,100 in tax revenue
Top Five Recycling Tips
- First, check what is and isn’t recyclable for your city. Your city should have guidelines online like Phoenix does.
- Twist bottle caps back on before tossing in the bin.
- Take plastic bags to stores with recycling bins out front (many grocery stores have these). Find a location near you.
- Out and about? Keep a reusable tote in your car to toss your recycling in and take it home.
- Look for and purchase products made from recycled materials.
Start small but start now. It doesn’t matter what you haven’t done yet. You can still make an impact by starting now. As with anything, start with what you can do and build on it.