In 2018 I’m giving you a new way to tell your story.
Tell your story through a documentary session with J Volden Photography. Document Living is a way for you to capture your life, as it is in the present moment. Your story will be told through beautiful images that capture who your family is. Your family will change and grow over the coming months and years. You only get one chance to make these memories, why not get them on film (so to speak)?
Over the past few months, I have been working on putting together different sessions and packages to cover all your needs. If you’ve poked around a bit in the past couple of weeks you have probably already discovered the changes. Not everyone wants me in their house for up to 12 hours, following them around and chit chatting. I get it. But maybe you want to remember a specific routine or activity.
Now you can tell your story, no matter how big or small.
I have six, yes six, session types to cover all the bases! From a short one hour session to taking me on vacation with you and everything in between there should be something that is right for you and your family. Below are all the Document Living options, the length, and price for the session. The session price does not include products. It covers the time spent with you and creating your story (planning and editing time).
- Slice of Life is a one-hour session. This is perfect for those that want to capture a small part of their life or aren’t ready to make the monetary commitment to a longer session. $125
- Snapshot session is up to two hours for an activity that takes a little bit longer. Or maybe you want to get images from your child’s first tee-ball game or you want to capture a couple of activities. A snapshot session gives you a little more time. $185
- Half Day in the Life session is for four to six hours. A half day in the life session is perfect if you want to capture some routines, like getting up and ready for the day or putting the kids to bed at night. $300
- Day in the Life session is 8-12 hours. I follow you and your family around allllllllll day and get all those little moments. $520
- Take me on vacation is fairly self-explanatory. I go with you on vacation and capture all the moments! You only go to a new place for the first time once. This requires a three-day minimum but is the only session that includes a product package. $950/day
- I come to you. I will travel to you. You will need to recruit a minimum of two friends who also want to Document Living sessions. You will each need to do either a half or full day in the life sessions. Price will be dependent upon where I am traveling to. I will put together a personalized quote for you and your friends!
I now offer several package options! You can still buy a la carte but the packages are designed to help tell your story. You will pick your package and/or products at your reveal session, about 3-4 weeks after your Document Living session. I don’t have fancy names for my packages, maybe I will come up with some during the year.
- Mix – You get 10 digital images, a gift item, and a 16×20 wall art. $945
- Products – You get a 24×36 wall art, a 12×12 album, and a gift item. $1060
- Digital – You get a wood keepsake box with USB with up to 30 images (and 4×6 prints to match). $1200
- Wall Gallery – You get 16 8×12 metal prints to create an eye-catching wall display. $1475
- Folio Box – You get 20 matted 8×10 prints in a keepsake box and a 4×8 accordion album. $1670
- Album + Wall Gallery – You get a 12×12 album, the wall gallery above, and a gift item. $2065
I have spent a lot of time and energy researching amazing products for you. I source from several different labs to make sure you receive high-quality keepsakes. These will be great items to pass onto your kids and grandkids.