May 30th is National Creativity Day! How can you get your creativity on? Here are a few ideas to spur your creativity!
Let yourself make something from start to finish. Don’t worry about if it’s good enough, just get your hands dirty! You don’t have to share it (despite what insta makes you think). Do it for yourself. Then keep going. Because once you start, it’s hard to stop!
- Write a short story. Maybe it’s only one page or one sentence. Just get it out of your brain. Maybe it will lead to a longer story someday!
- Color. Remember being a kid and selecting the perfect color for that pre-drawn image? And how you concentrated so hard to make sure you stayed in the lines? Recreate that! And don’t worry if you stay in the lines!
- Head outside and decorate your driveway in temporary art! Use sidewalk chalk to create a scene or write encouraging messages to your neighbors.
- Put on your favorite song and dance around. It doesn’t have to be beautiful or thought out. Let the music take over and move you! Or challenge yourself to choreograph a dance! Teach it to your friends or kids, record, and put on tiktok. Who knows, you may be the next big trend!
- Throw a tie-dye party! Grab some t-shirts, tie-dye kit, and invite your friends over. Study patterns or go freehand and create masterpieces you can wear. Add in some alcohol for those over 21 and see where the night takes you!