Camping is a great way to vacation in 2020. You get the chance to get away, can easily social distance, and enjoy nature all at the same time! Not a camper? Don’t worry. I’ve got you! Here are some tips and tricks to help you figure it all out!
First, here is what I consider necessary gear for roughing it:
-lights (headlamp and/or lanterns
What are some items that are optional but make camping more enjoyable?
-air mattress and portable pump (you want to blow it up in the tent, trust me, way easier)
-propane grill & small tanks (otherwise you will need to use the fire pit and grate)
-camp chairs (or you’ll be sitting at the picnic table or ground)
Here are my top 5 tips:
1. Make a list of everything you want to take with you and check it off as you pack. List out supplies, clothes, food, and electronics. And make sure you charge everything before you leave!
2. Set up your campsite in the daylight. Yes, you can do it at night, especially if you’ve got headlamps, but it is so much easier during the day.
3. Make sure to put all food away at night and when you leave the site. You don’t want critters or bears to get into it!
4. Bring your camera, you never know what you’ll want to capture. And have extra batteries or portable chargers to keep cameras and phones ready to go!
5. Have an extra tub to wash your dishes in. Not all campsites have dish sinks, so bring your own, along with dishrag and towel.
Depending on the time of year, you may need jackets and long underwear! Keep the weather in mind as you pack. And be sure to plan some hiking or site seeing.