You’re probably wondering why you would have a documentary session. You think there’s nothing you do in your daily life that would be fun for a shoot. But you’d be wrong. So many little things you do each day or week are perfect for documentary photos!
Here are the top five reasons you should have a documentary session
- Pool time! Anytime you are near water is an excellent time for a session. This little guy was at his first year of swim lessons, a valuable time to record. After lessons, he had fun running through the water park and had a great time! Maybe you want to capture those simple summer moments of running through the sprinkler or hanging out at the lake. Where ever you find water fun, you will have great photos!
- The playground. There is so much fun to be had in the playground. Your kids will enjoy running around, swinging and heading down the slide. And you can get involved too. The playground isn’t just for kids. Help them conquer their fear of heights by climbing up with them. Encourage them to keep going on the rock wall or head to the lake and watch the ducks and turtles swim.
- Date time. Maybe you like cuddling on the couch or taking a walk to the park. Or perhaps you want an adult night out sans kids. Whatever your date night consists of why not have photos done to remind you that your life isn’t all about the kids. Despite how it may feel.
- Birthdays. One year it’s Paw Patrol, and then it’s dinosaurs or princesses. Whatever your kid is into that year, you go all out and throw a themed party. Birthday parties are great for documentary sessions because you get to remember your child turning another year older and have beautiful images of the cake, the kids, the fun and family. And if you have someone else taking photos, it’s one less thing you have to worry about!
- Celebrate. There are all kinds of reasons to celebrate besides birthdays and holidays. Did you just go through an adoption? Did your child get on the honor roll? How about passing that martial arts test? Whatever the reason, you have something to celebrate. How about capturing the dinner out or whatever treat you give your child? Maybe you have a favorite ice cream place you go after every dance recital. Or a backyard bbq for a fantastic school year. Whatever you celebrate, be sure to get it on camera!
It’s easy to forget about the little things. You probably take for granted how much fun your kids have at the pool or playground. But in a few years when they no longer want to go to the park or want you at their lessons, you will appreciate these photos even more.
Interested in a documentary session for one of the above reasons? Contact me today.