Some days it seems we hear another way the earth is being destroyed or an animal in danger of becoming extinct.
Often it feels hopeless. You struggle with what you can do to help. But you know what? Every little thing you do each day adds up and makes a difference. Remember, it’s ok to start small.
Top 5 Things You Can Do To Save The Earth
- The staple: Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Reduce your intake and look for items with little to no packaging. Reuse what you can or donate/sell things you think are useless. Someone else might be able to reuse it! Recycle as much as you can. Check your areas recycling guidelines and follow them! If your city doesn’t recycle, look for dropoffs that accept recyclable items.
- Try a meatless Monday each week. Eating meat can have a negative impact because of how meat is processed. I would never tell you to go vegan or vegetarian because I know it’s not for everyone but us meat-eaters can help but reducing how much meat we eat. And don’t worry, you can still eat cheese and eggs because it’s a different process! You can also switch to small, local farms to buy your meat from instead.
- Drive less. Try taking public transportation or biking when possible. Combine your errands. Stop at the store on the way home instead of going home and then back out again. If you can, telework once a week.
- Volunteer for a cleanup. A local Phoenix area company, Keep Nature Wild, does cleanups and lists them on the website. Anyone can show up. Start looking on google to find local cleanups in your area! Or start plogging. Pick up trash on your daily walk or run. It will keep both you and the earth healthier! Plus you don’t have to wait for an event. You can just walk out your front door!
- Make your home more efficient. Swap out traditional lightbulbs for CFLs which last longer and use less energy. Program your thermostat to use less heat/AC when you’re not home. Change or clean your air filters, so your AC runs better.
See? Nothing too hard or difficult and nothing that costs a ton of money! Just small, easy things you can start doing now! How will you help save the earth?
Did you know that with each print purchase I donate 15% of the sale price to the National Park Foundation? I believe we need to keep these lands for future generations to enjoy. Shop Now.